Always-on marketing is a powerful tool but not without its challenges. Here’s what you need to consider when deciding if it’s the right choice for your business:
1. Data management: having the right data in the right place at the right time is crucial. Overcome this by investing in a robust data management system that can handle large amounts of data and provide real-time insights
2. Integration: integrating different marketing channels, such as social media, email, and mobile, can be challenging. Overcome this by using marketing automation software that allows you to manage and track all your marketing channels from one central platform
3. Personalisation: invest in customer data platforms that can provide a single view of the customer and help you to understand their needs, preferences and behaviour
4. Measuring ROI: use attribution models that can help you to attribute specific results to specific tactics
5. Speed and Scalability: you need to be able to respond quickly and at scale to customer needs and market changes. Overcome this challenge by investing in technologies that allow for automation, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
6. Budget and resource constraints: implementing an ‘Always-on’ marketing strategy needs a dedicated budget. Prioritise your efforts and focus on the most important tactics that will drive the most value (We have related thinking on the matter of defending marketing budgets on our website https://www.hubagency.co.uk/marketing-budget-self-defence/)
7. Keeping up with innovation: the marketing landscape is constantly changing and new channels and technologies are emerging. Keep an eye on the latest trends and invest in technologies that will help you stay ahead of the curve
8. Legal and compliance: you need to consider any legal and compliance requirements that may be relevant to the use of certain technologies or channels. Work with legal and compliance experts to ensure you are adhering to all the relevant laws and regulations
To find out more, watch our ‘Always-on’ marketing webinar for insights into driving your audience through the marketing funnel, the kinds of content that drive an ‘Always-on’ marketing strategy, how get to your content in front of the right audience for you, and to hear examples of major brands that have successfully implemented their own ‘Always-on’ marketing strategies.
If you’d like to find out how Hub has helped our clients achieve ‘Always-on’ marketing success, or simply want to discuss how we can help your business, please leave us a message to arrange a call back.