If you’ve read any of our other content on ‘Always-on’ marketing, you’ll know that it’s a powerful tool using data to attract and nurture customers through each stage of the marketing funnel, and providing consistent, timely communications to them at critical touch points along their journey.
But how do you implement such a strategy? Well, the good thing is many companies will have a number of the necessary elements already in place. It may be that they just need to be connected in the right way.
Here’s Hub’s handy checklist of what’s required:
- Define your business objectives: what are the objectives and goals that you want to achieve with an ‘Always-on’ marketing strategy? Establishing this at the outset will help you to identify the specific tactics and technologies that will be required to achieve those goals.
- Audit existing resources: which technology, what data, and what personnel do you already have in place? This will help to identify any gaps that need to be filled in order to implement your strategy
- Assess data management capabilities: look at your data quality, data integration, and data governance to identify any issues that need to be addressed at the outset
- Identify key metrics: what will success look like for you? It is important to establish clear performance targets and to track progress over time
- Create a budget: what will it cost to put in place the right technology, data management, and personnel that ensure you can implement the strategy?
- Establish a timeline: a detailed timeline for implementing the strategy, taking into account the resources and budget available, will help to ensure you stay on track and meets your objectives in a timely manner
- Consult with experts: speak with people experienced in the field of ‘Always-on’ marketing, data management, and technology to get a more accurate estimate of the cost and time required, and to make sure you’re aware of any potential roadblocks or challenges you may face. A team at a creative marketing agency like Hub could be your key to success.
For more information on ‘Always-on’ marketing, watch our webinar or download our white paper here.
If you’d like to find out more about how Hub has helped our clients achieve ‘Always-on’ marketing success, or simply want to discuss how we can help your business, please leave us a message to arrange a call back.